Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

2012 with SFTV Film

So it's been a while! Since the beginning of this year, I have been in production. I teamed up with filmmakers Laka Nyaga, Ian Njuguna, David Ngome and Pepe Haze to form Team Nobody (because Nobody's perfect), and we made an advert that we submitted for Safaricom's Saf4Reel competition. Watch it HERE.

I also enrolled for the Advanced Video Production course at my university, and worked on the production of The Nairobi Report. This is a Kenyan suspense-thriller produced by Team Fortitude Productions; I am writer and co-director on this film, and it premieres on 4th May 2012 at 7pm in Daystar Athi River's New ICT Theatre Hall. WATCH THE TRAILER HERE! I'm excited about this production because it was one of the most challenging for me to write; I learnt more about screenwriting in 3 months than I have in most of my time as a screenwriter! Special thanks to Mr. Emmanuel Wanyonyi and Miss Beverly 'Bev' Gatimu for that- they guided me through the re-writing and re-drafting of the script for this film, an I am eternally grateful for their input!
 It doesn't sound like much, but these two projects have taken up most of my time in the first quarter of 2012. For the remaining 3/4 of 2012... First, I can't wait for Blind Sight (Directed by Ian Kithinji) to finally be released! Post-production is so much more drama than I had thought! This is my first major project as producer, so I'm really holding my breath for it... You should too; it's HD :) ((Applause))

I also look forward to the growth of SFTV this year. Watch out for fresh-and-newness from SFTV (*Again, thanks Mr. Wanyonyi for taking me through an education in Broadcast Programming)... 

Please give me feedback on the Team Nobody video, as well as the Nairobi Report trailer. The movie is to be released on the date of the premiere as well, so if you want a copy- halla!



Happy May-Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment